Ok... staying at home with Franco does give me the ability to watch a lot of TV... and I have most recently begun to pick apart commercials.
The latest one is for microwave mashed potatoes... they show a woman slaving away at peeling potatoes and chopping them, then boiling them and mashing them. They make her seem like this is the most difficult thing in the world... but wait... all you have to do is purchase their already cut potatoes and put them in the microwave... then mash and you have your potatoes...
What happened to the days of actually mashing your own potatoes... granted my mother used potato flakes (which were delicious)... but I just wondered at what point did peeling a potato become so labor intensive that we need someone else to do it for us...?
12 years ago

1 comment:
If we are picking apart commercials, can I say that if I see the two-grown-men-in-a-stroller-crying ad for Jack in the Box again, I may unsubscribe my cable? ;)
Post a Comment