
It was a very busy year with many ups and downs. In 2005, my marriage ended and I lost my job. But losing my job meant that I could devote all my time to taking care of my father. I spent a month and a half by my fathers side watching the SciFi channel all day at the hospital until he lost his battle with cancer in May.

I moved home and found a job (that I hated) and returned to school to pursue my dreams of becoming an interior designer. I quit my job and went back to Starbucks. Things were going great... I was making new friends and then in December my other grandfather passed away. I was devastated... all the men in my life were gone...
Then I met Hermann... my assistant manager at Starbucks (who I was not supposed to be dating...). We would go salsa dancing every week and make the trip to Long Beach once a week to see my favorite band, Knyght Ryder. We decided to move in together about a year Franco was born in December 2007 and I realized that even though I had lost all the men in my life... they were slowly being returned to me. I had my beloved Hermann to hold me close when I cried... and my darling Franco to stare into my eyes and know I am there for him.
I am truly grateful to get the chance to start again...

1 comment:
I have a tear. I am so glad you are starting again.
Post a Comment